Thursday, March 1, 2012

March No-buy!

So, it has come to my attention that the last few months have been...problematic when it comes to shopping. My beauty supplies and cosmetics have probably tripled. My nail polish has gone from maybe 10 bottles to more than 50 in about 6 months. I have a lot of product that I don't even use. SO for the month of March, I'm not buying anything new. Here's the break down on my rules:

1. I'm not cancelling any subscriptions, but I'm not getting any new ones. I have 2 beauty army, 2 birchboxes, a beauty box 5, myglam, blissmobox, sample society, the look bag, sindulge, and (not beauty) lovewithfood. My goal is to evaluate them after I receive them all this month, and narrow it down to 3. One of my birchboxes is annual, so I don't pay for it monthly. I obviously do not need this many sample services though, as a lot of them get samples from the same companies. I also have Julep but I skipped this month.

2. I'm not cancelling any orders I placed previously. I'm waiting on several cosmetic orders from Haute Look and an order from ELF. oops.

3. I am allowed to buy foundation and devacurl hair products if I run out.


And that's it. I am not setting foot in Ulta until April 1st. If it goes well, I will try to do another month.

I will keep track of everything I use up in this time, and I will make myself post reviews on it.

I am also going to dedicate this time to organizing my mess. :-P

2 comments: